Thursday, July 10, 2008

Update...

Well, I went to the doctor yesterday for my first appointment and it didn't go all that well.  I had an ultrasound and unfortunately the doctor was unable to find a heartbeat.  I have what is called a molar pregnancy.  I had never heard of it before, and I guess it is pretty rare.  From what I have learned it is a growth of abnormal tissue.  Both normal pregnancies and molar pregnancies develop from a fertilized egg, though in a molar pregnancy the egg doesn't grow as it should.  So pretty much, my body thinks that it is pregnant.  My doctor felt the uterus earlier in the appointment and told me that my uterus was enlarged and soft, which meant that I was definitely pregnant.  So, if I were to take a pregnancy test right now it would be positive, so I have all the symptoms and hormones of being pregnant, just not the fetus.  I was in the process of deciding whether I should get a D&C or if I should just let it abort naturally, but my choice was made for me today when it passed naturally.  Definitely not a fun experience, but I'm glad that the process has started and will hopefully be finished soon.  

I am doing surprisingly well... much better than I thought I would.  Of course right when the doctor told us, we were in total shock and extremely saddened, and although it totally stinks I am feeling at peace about it now.  It's amazing how prayers and loved ones can really help in difficult times!  I have actually been quite impressed with myself :). Hopefully everything will be better in the next few days.  

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know what was going on and hopefully I explained it somewhat coherently ;).  I understand that things happen for reason, and I know that faith can show us amazing things if we are looking in the right places.    

13 comments:

The Close's Place said...

Sigh...you never cease to amaze me.

April said...

I am so sorry. You an amazing gal Michelle. If there is anything I can do let me know. Our prayers are with you.

Tiffany & Co. said...

Oh, I am so sorry. You have such a good attitude! I hope you get pregnant again very soon, you will, I know you will! Sorry I couldn't be there to give comfort. Big hugs from far away!

Amy said...

I am so sorry! That has to be so hard. Everything really does happen for a reason, though. Hang in there. Everything will be ok.

Anonymous said...

I'm usually a silent blog-stalker, but I just had to leave a note to tell you how sorry I am. You are an amazingly strong person with a beautiful spirit. You are also very blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with Matt. I know your love will bless each of you. I've had two miscarriages. The first at 15 weeks, and the second was a blyted (sp) ovum. I only tell you this because, sometimes it helps to know you're not alone, that other people have been there and may have a glimpse of how you are feeling. Everyone situation is unique, but please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. If you need anything, please let me know. -Trudi B.

Amanda said...

Oh Michelle, I'm so sorry. How devistating. I know you were so excited. I'm glad that you have such supportive people around you. They make all the difference in the world. You will be in my prayers!

Jenny Kapp said...

I am truly sorry you sweet thing! I had the same thing before Elise was born. If you ever just need to hear in hind site why it did work out better to have Elise when I did, just call. The Lord does know us and why things should be timed the way they are. Call if you need some sisterly love!

Sherice said...

Michelle- I just stumbled upon your blog and I was so excited to see your cute pictures of your family, and then I saw your sad news. I'm sorry to hear you guys are going through a hard time right now. I hope you are feeling okay. You are so darling and your girls are growing up and beautiful! Know that I am thinking of you and your family!

Amy said...

Oh Michelle I am sorry, but you sound like you are a strong girl and you will only be stronger because of this! Our prayers and thoughts are with you, Matt and your girls...

Ming said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know you were excited. It was so fun to see you guys the other week. All the best.

Anya said...

Hey, girly....Sorry about that...
My very first pregnancy was exactly the same, thought we didn't found out about it till by body was 4 months pregnant....so I had to do D&C and that sucked....
Hang in there....like you said, there is reason for everything.
Love, Anya

Sarah and Trent said...

I'm sorry Michelle- it sure seems like I hear more and more of this happening. It's one of those things you get through but you never get over. You'll get to raise that little baby someday! Your little family is so beautiful... I know you'll continue to grow soon. Thanks for your uplifting story of faith!

Anonymous said...

wow,great post....
thanks for sharing...
___________________
Melvin
Online Marketing of your brand