Friday, March 21, 2008

Mutant Message Down Under


I just finished reading a book called "Mutant Message Down Under" for my book club.  Such a great book!!  I don't know how many of you read "Eat, Pray, Love", but although it was a decent book, it was definitely not my favorite.  This book has a similar feel to it, but I think it is sooooo much better.  It's a really easy read... you could probably read it in a few days.  The main idea of the book is an account of a woman's spiritual adventure/journey as she goes on a walk-about through the  Australia desert with a tribe of Aborigines.  She learns their way of life and how they think.  Although I don't personally believe everything that she believes, it was a great book to discuss, and really got my mind to thinking.  I really appreciate any book that actually helps your brain turn on and reflect on your own life and the reasons why you do the things you do.  Anyway, I really recommend it to all!!  

1 comment:

Jenny Kapp said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I am always looking for a good book to read!