Monday, April 28, 2008

Race For The Cure

A little over a year ago, my very favorite aunt passed away from breast cancer.  She left behind her awesome husband Kelly and 4 awesome children Tara, Jenny, Shannon, and Casey.  To say the least, they are an exceptional family, and I love them all so much.  This year, I decided that I wanted to be a part of the "Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure" run/walk in Salt Lake.  A friend of mine has done it and told me it is a really neat and emotional experience.  So, my brother and I set up a team called "Forever Christine", named after my beautiful aunt and my cousins darling tutu business (foreverchristinetutus.blogspot.com).  If anyone is interested it is on May 10.  To register go to www.komenslc.org and look on the right hand side of the page and click on "Komen SLC Race for the Cure".  That will take you to the next page where you click on "Register for the race here".  Next, click on "Register Now".  If you don't have a MyActive account you'll have to register by filling out some info.  At some point you can choose to join a team, which is "Forever Christine".  I just think it would be so great if a bunch of people came.  For all of you who are using the excuse that you don't run, you're in luck.  You can either walk or run the 5k, or walk a mile.  You can also walk with strollers, so that's nice!  It starts at the Gateway, so it sounds like it will be great.  Let me know if you have any questions.     

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Count me in! I'm pretty slow, so I might come in dead last, but that's okay! :)

The Close's Place said...

I think someone's little girls may have a future in modeling. Those tutus are adorable.

Diana said...

I'm up for it. Kent will be gone- but I think it would be fun -so if there are any locals interested give me a call and we can ride down together. Loved the pics of your girls playing dress ups in the tutus- darling:)