Saturday, January 12, 2008

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

So, I'm about half way through reading "Eat, Pray, Love". Despite the fact that there have been some swear words in the book, I am really enjoying it. Elizabeth Gilbert does a great job at telling her story. Anyway, at the point I am at in the book she has been talking about meditation. I have always been interested in trying to meditate, but never knew how to go about it, and to be honest my ego told me there was something silly about the whole thing. She does a great job of explaining it in her book, and has given me that extra push to try it out. Interestingly enough, Matt has also been looking into meditation and recently purchased the book "Getting In The Gap" which is a book on meditation. A couple of days ago we thought it would be interesting to try it out together. We ended up bursting into hysterical laughter and couldn't stop. I think meditation might be something I have to do on my own :).
In the book, it says that the average mind has 60,000 thoughts a day, and meditation is a way of clearing out and organizing the chaos in our lives. The small amount of knowledge that I have about meditation has led me to believe that it provides a great way to create peace and stillness in our lives and a way to recieve divine light. Anyway, I'm excited to try this all out. If anyone has any good advice, books, etc. about meditation please let me know. I definitely could use the help!

6 comments:

Fall.Down.Tree said...

Nice post Missy, i'd like to borrow the book some time.

Tiffany & Co. said...

This book is next in my que. I'm still finishing the last Harry Potter. Did you see her interview on Oprah? It was pretty good, Jaclyn told me to watch it. I like her idea of saying no to things that will clutter up your life and make you feel more stressed. I think I'm going to try that :)

Nicole said...

You two are so funny. Ben could never take something like that seriously. It sounds good in theory though.

Aleesha said...

You have been blog tagged. Check out my blog to see what you need to do.

Jenny said...

Hey miss,
What a great idea, my friend has gotten into meditaion she says it has changed her life!! I definately need some organization in my brain. I feel so scatterbrained all the time.

Shannon said...

Miss that is great you are meditating. I believe whole heartedly in it. My mom was so great at it and did it all the time. I have a hard time doing it now maybe because of the memories it brings or something. Anyway, I'd like to start again. Luv ya