Friday, January 18, 2008

Makeover!!

So, I got my hair done yesterday.  Before I went it was the usual thought process of what am I going to do to my hair.  My natural color is a very bland, kind of yucky light brown.  Ever since my senior year I have been highlighting it to help boost the color a bit.  I've been very blonde, but usually just kind of an in the middle color.  Anyway, Matt and I were talking the night before my appointment and he said he thought I should do something daring...either go way blonde or way dark.  So here's the hard part...I've always wanted to go way dark, but it's quite scary to do something so drastic.  Also, lately I keep seeing really cute blonde hair, so there's the dilemma.    My friend Amber does my hair, so as we started talking about what to do, we decided that we know what I look like blonde, why not try out dark?  Things like this are always scary for me, but I decided to take the plunge!  So, now I've got dark brown hair.  The first time I saw it, I wasn't completely shocked, so I take that as a good sign.  I actually think I'm going to like it...it just might take a little getting used to.  Every time I see myself in the mirror I take a double take!  Anyway, let me know what you think.  If you don't like it, say it in the most gentle way possible :).  
By the way, it looks a little darker in the pictures.

11 comments:

Nicole said...

I seriously can't believe you actually did it. I think it looks great. It was hard for me too when I first switched from being blond to going brown. I still love when leaving the hair salon that my hair feels healthy and smooth when I would get it highlighted it always felt like I'd just taken a blow torch to it. I want to know what your girls thought. I do really like it though not that you didn't look good as a blond. On the plus side you'll notice you don't have to have your hair dyed as much when its brown. Kudos for you for having the guts to do it but next time I want you to go red.

Tiffany & Co. said...

Whoa, girl! You are a brave one! I am always one for changing things up especially with hair color. You look totally different, good different. It will just take some getting used to, b/c I'm so used to seeing you a blondie. I've decided that every time I go all dark I just miss the blonde too much. So now I do my underneath brown and my top really blonde. It just makes me feel brighter and I have a bit of both.

The Close's Place said...

Very fun, I've always wanted to go real dark. But I don't think I'd recognize myself. Brown hair always looks so nice and shiny.

Jenny Kapp said...

I hope you don't mind I linked to you through Aleesha!! I was just teasing Matt 2 sundays ago when he had a beard that he did that to spicy up your night life - kind of like you were having an affair!! He said I would know when he was having an affair with you when you dyed your hair dark!! I see the spice in the night life is advancing! Happy evening to you!!

Aleesha said...

Still love the hair! But that's not the reason I'm commenting. So I just noticed that you comment on everyone's blog but yours truly! What's up with that? (If you can't tell, I'm in one of those moods you know all too well about). I'll be watching for a comment.

Jordan Frazier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jordan Frazier said...

Hi Wren Family!
I cannot believe how old your girls are, they are beautiful!...it really has been forever since i have seen you guys! You all look happy and we hope you are doing great!

April said...

Michelle love the hair, I think you look gorgeous. What a darly family you guys have. Wow those girls are big. Anyways, its me April Maw(Speechly) I found your blog through someone else's, its fun to do. If you don't mind I will add you to my blog list.

Shannon said...

Your hair looks fabulous! A couple weeks before christmas I dyed my hair practically black with red streaks. I love it. But I am constantly changing my hair color. I say if you can't change your hair what can you change!!!I'm proud of you.

Jenny said...

I love it miss, I think it is fun to do something different. I can never do anything different my hair is just to dark, so enjoy it. I think it makes you look older for sure!! That is fun to be sophisticated. I think you are brave, hope to see you soon. Jenny

Melanie said...

I think you look great with it! Very cool!