Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Book Club


I had book club tonight, which was so fun!  I have always wanted to be in a book club, but for some reason I could never get into one.  Either I didn't know how to find one, or the groups weren't accepting new people.  Anyway a couple months ago my friend Melanie invited me to be in one (YIPPEE)!  We've done three so far, and I love it.  The books have all been good, and for some reason it is so fun to talk about the things you read.  This month we read The Giver.  So good! Definitely a thought provoker.  What's fun about our little group is that I know who most of the people are, but never really knew some of them.  Most of us went to the same high school, just graduated different years, so I didn't know them very well.  It's been so fun to get to know these cute girls and I've met some new cute girls as well... I love em!  Anyway, thanks for the fun night!  

10 comments:

Lori said...

wow, good for you, the post is ALREADY up! It was great meeting you tonight and realizing that I know your family already. :) good luck with the next blog-a-day-days, i will be blogstalking for sure...

and i'm already completely coveting your body bug. i'm thinking of ways to convince my husband he wants to buy it for me. tee hee

Melanie said...

I thought for sure I'd be the first one to make a comment. You got that up fast! And Lori...you are fast too.

Anyway, I don't really have anything to say, but book club was fun tonight! Call me soon!

Melanie said...

Sorry, me again. I just sent you an invite to "Goodreads.com". It's like myspace for books. It's kind of fun. You don't have to join if you don't want, but it's kind of fun!

Amy said...

the giver is a great book. i love book clubs, i participated in one in missoula.

The Close's Place said...

How do you choose a book in a book club? And what do you do at a book club night?

Michelle said...

Each member of the book club takes a turn to host it at their house, and that person usually picks the book. Then you sit and talk about the things that you liked and disliked, or any other thoughts you may have. You would be a fun one to have in a book club. You should come to ours and try it out. Surprisingly, they really are fun.

April said...

How fun, let me know if you need anyone else, I would love to be in a book club. Although I totally understand if its "closed."

jaclyn said...

what happened to our book club we were gonna start... we were gonna read the oldies like sweet valley high and the babysitters club!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

Uhh! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!