Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Husband Tag


I've been slacking a bit on my blogging, so when my friend Nicole did this, it was some good motivation for me.  
 
1. What is his name?   Matthew Robert Wren

2.  How long have you been together?  We've been married 5 1/2 years (August 2, 2002).

3.  How long did you date? We dated for 4 months total.  We got engaged 2 weeks after we started dating ;).  To our defense, we were best friends 8 months prior to dating and we hung out as friends all through high school. 

4.  Who eats more?  Matt does, but not by much!  I sometimes have to remind myself that I have way more on my plate, so maybe slow down a bit.

5.  Who said I love you first?  Although my memory of this is a little different than Matt's, I did say it first, which is totally not like me.  What can I say, I was completely smitten!

6.  Who is taller?  Matt is.  I'm 5'5 and he's 5'11.  

7.  Who is smarter?  I think we both are in different areas.  Stuff comes really easy to Matt.  His college experience was totally different than mine...he breezed right by, while I have to put in the effort.

8.  Who does the laundry?  I do, but he has no problem doing it if I ask him to.  He's had some laundry mess ups, so I prefer to do it.

9.  Who does the dishes?  I do more than he does, but he's pretty good about that.

10.  Who sleeps on the right?  If we are laying in bed, he's on the right side, but it's mostly because that is the side closest to our doors leading outside.

11.  Who pays the bills?  Automatic bill pay.  Matt is more involved in those issues than me, but he likes me to know what's going on.

12.  Who mows the lawn?  Matt does.  I wanted to try one time and he had me stop because my lines were crooked and he couldn't handle it.

13.  Who cooks dinner?  I do most of the time, but he can make a mean breakfast!

14.  Who drives when you are together?  80% him, 20% me.  

15.  Who is more stubborn?  Are you kidding me???  Totally me!  

16.  Who kissed who first?  Matt did it on our first date!  Oh yeah!!

17.  Who asked who out first?  While Matt and I were good friends, I was dating someone else, 
and he asked me out about 5 or 6 times.  I had to remind him that I was dating someone, so I couldn't go out with him.  That didn't seem to stop him, thank goodness.  He was very persistent!

18.  Who proposed?  He did.  It was in Montana.  We went on a little trip to meet his extended family (after a week and a half of dating), and he did it on a baseball field while we were playing catch.  I won't bore you with the details, but it was very sweet!

19.  Who has more siblings?  Same.  I have 3 older brothers and he has 2 younger sisters and a younger brother.

20.  Who wears the pants?  Me.  I think most people would agree with this, but I actually think it is pretty even.  

21.  What is his idea of a perfect date?  A fun dinner at a place like P.F. Chang's or Cheesecake Factory then going to a baseball game.    

22.  What is his favorite thing?  Besides me, he loves anything new and electronic.  He also loves to buy things for his sport stuff (new bikes, running shoes, wet suits, bike trainers, etc.).  

I lucked out with Matt.  I definitely married up... he's very patient and kind, and we have a lot of fun together.  I think when we get together, we are very immature, but I like it!   

9 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm glad I got you motivated to start again. I've missed everyone posting but I think we all needed a break. I love blog tags cause you get to know cute little things about each other or in this case about our husbands. Tell Matt Ben got a call from Duane King from the Utes football team thanking him for his support. Who did Matt get a call from on BYU's team?

jaclyn said...

thanks for the new post girly!

The Close's Place said...

I wanted to mow once and Jason had the same desire/obsession for straight lines. I guess we all have our moments of OCD.

Jenny Kapp said...

Fun reading! Those were fun things to learn about Matt and you!

April said...

I didn't know you only dated that long and got engaged that fast. I guess when you've known someone so long and know you're in love its like why not. TOo cute.

Anonymous said...

So I had to pipe up. #20...does Matt even own any pants in the relationship? We don't call him "whipping boy" (shhhh don't tell Matt) for nothing. It's especially funny when you pull out the index finger on him and the "uh...no, no, no, Matt". Anyway, you know that I wear the pants here (or maybe not full length pants) or capris.
Anyway, the reason I am even on this thing is I think or vote that we should start a "ManBlog". Yah, ManBlog and that means no Phillys. We can blog about only cool and important things like Sex, hot chicks on TV, ex girlfriends, Triathlons, iMacs, golf, baseball, all sports, Kurt Rambus, ESPN, work, Sex, Kate from LOST 'cause she's hot, Hanna Montana, The Gauntlet, steroids and how I'm going to somehow get off them, and missionary work. So, pass this along to all your husbands and let me know. Please email me at jeramyreed@aol.com. Also, who can I pay to set mine up and change it when I am in need of a blog change? I don't have the time or want to get on here everyday for 2 days even less for 2 weeks. Don't you girls have better things to do like, mopping floors, feeding kids, dusting, crunches, primping, "servicing"(thanks Joe for the word), cooking dinner, breast feeding, Etc.

Anxiously awating your responses,
Your one and only boy bander

Michelle said...

You are going DOWN Jeramy!!!

Tiffany & Co. said...

M-

We need to retaliate against Jeramy. He wrote a snide comment on our blog about my so called gas (thank you so much Kenny).

Unknown said...

Hey Michelle, this is Ben Olsen (elder Olsen) that was companions with your husband in Puerto Rico. I recently got a new Cell phone and lost Matt's cell number. Can you email it to me?? My email is benolsen1@gmail.com. Thanks.