Saturday, February 2, 2008


This has been such a great time to think about everything that Pres. Hinckley has done.  It's been so neat to look at all the tributes and hear all of the great memories about him.  Yesterday I decided that I really wanted to go to his viewing, so we packed up the girls and headed down to Salt Lake.  I am so glad that we went down...what a special experience we had.  I will never forget my experience there.  There were so many people there!  Such a tribute to a wonderful person.  We waited outside for about an hour...luckily it wasn't freezing!  It was pretty cold, but not too bad.  Then we waited inside for another hour.  The girls were so good!  They didn't cry or complain the entire time, and they were so reverent.  It was a really good opportunity for me to talk to Lauren about death and I was able to explain some neat things to her.  We had some really good talks while we were waiting.  After about 2 hours we were finally able to see Pres. Hinckley.  He looked just like his cute self.  He looked angelic and his skin was glowing.  After seeing him for a few moments I whispered to Lauren to say good bye to him and she blew him a kiss.  It was an emotional experience.  I love Pres. Hinckley and I feel very grateful to have been led by such a wonderful prophet.  I thought Pres. Eyering summed it up perfectly at the funeral when he said "We each feel that something has been taken from our hearts with the death of Pres. Hinckley."  He will be greatly missed.     

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Thats great you got to do that. I'd like to say that my kids would be able to behave in that same manner but I think we all know the answer to that. Ben did get the chance to go yesterday though and he said it was a really amazing experience as well. We did watch the funeral today and Kennedy had alot of questions that I answered which was neat. The questioned she asked the most was Why do you keep crying Mommy and then I'd cry some more.

April said...

Thats so cool that you went down. I wanted to so bad, but I knew my kids wouldn't be good. It is so sad. The funeral yesterday was so wonderful but so emotional. What a great man.

Tiffany & Co. said...

How great that you could go and do that. Great teaching opportunity and how special to see President Hinckley. I watched his funeral on the internet. It was really beautiful.

laceemo3 said...

Hey Michell Way cute Blog...call me we need to go visiting teaching...or at least stop by a valentine to them. By the way I love the new hair.

Amy said...

That is so neat! i wish I could have gone. You are good parents to take your children!!!