Monday, February 11, 2008

A couple of days ago, Matt took the girls on a daddy/daughter date.  In the process of going, Matt learned that one of his friends, Jeramy, was taking his son on a daddy/son date, so they ended up going together to the Weber State basketball game.  As I was getting the girls ready to go, Lauren told me that she probably should wear lipstick since she was going on a date, so I put some lip gloss on the girls.  Then she told me that she should probably have a purse if she was going on a date, so we grabbed them some pretty purses.  She continued to inform me that the purse should have stuff in it, like a cell phone and some treats in case they get hungry.  We filled the bag up with goodies, then they were on their way.  Notice the shine bouncing off their lips!  

It's amazing the things that these little people pick up as they watch us.  I must admit it makes me a little uneasy to think that they will be going to elementary, then Jr. High (yuck), then high school, and so forth, and having to deal with all the cruddy stuff that goes on.  I love having them little, it's so much fun.  In another way though, I keep thinking how much fun it is to be able to have actual conversations with them, and to be able to go to the store without drama or melt downs.  I've decided I'm just going to enjoy the moment wherever we are at, and not dwell on anything else.  
By the way, does anyone else feel way to young to have kids?  I was watching Lauren today, and it hit me that I have a 4 1/2 year old and a 3 year old (almost).  That's crazy!!!  Well, it feels good to get my rambling thoughts on paper (so to speak) and out of my head.        

8 comments:

The Close's Place said...

How nice to have the evening to yourself. Did you do anything great?

Tiffany & Co. said...

That is so cute, love their lip gloss and purses! What a sweet time in their lives. Well if you feel to young to have kids, then I feel way to old to not have kids! Yes, I'm hitting the big 30 this year. Ready to start a new decade I guess :)

Nicole said...

Ben had one with Kennedy the other day where he took her to the RV show. RV show, Weber State basketball game anyone else get the feeling that the dads are picking the date spots. They might as well enjoy it while they can.

Amanda said...

Oh how I love little girls. Lip gloss and purses, can't live without them. They are so cute!

jaclyn said...

i wish joe would have father sons night.. he said not til cade's potty trained.. i guess i'll be waiting another yr.

Becky said...

Hi Michelle,
You probably don't know me, but I love reading your blog. Your family is so cute, and I totally agree with you about feeling too young to have kids. They grow up so fast. Hope you don't mind the comment. Come visit my blog.

Jenny Kapp said...

I feel the same way. I can't believe Elise is getting so big. She is losing that little girl look even. She wore make-up the other day too. The next day she wanted more. We had to talk about how she can't wear make-up every day until she is closer to 12. I don't want her to be 12 yet! Thank goodness she is only 5.

Aleesha said...

That's funny that you said that about being too old. Just the other day I was thinking about the fact that I'll have 4 kids before I'm even 30! Then I went and looked at myself in the mirror and was in disbelief about my situation. I look too young, I feel too young, so I guess I am too young. But what do you do? We're LDS, and we live in Utah.